- 250 grams AUSTRALIA HARVEST ROLLED OATS
- 1.2 liters Chicken stock
- 1 small pinch Strands of saffron
- 45 grams Unsalted butter
- 1 pc Egg yolk
- 25 grams Finely grated parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the filling:
- 300 grams Prawn (skinned/deveined)
- 1 pc Lemon
- 2 pcs Egg beaten
- 150 grams Dried white breadcrumbs
- 10 pcs Barbeque sticks or lemongrass stalks
- Sunflower or vegetable oil, for deep frying
- Bring the stock to a boil with the saffron, and then leave over a low heat.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized pan, add the AUSTRALIA HARVEST ROLLED OATS and cook gently for about 2 minutes until the oats begin to lock dry. Add a ladleful of the hot stock and simmer, stirring constantly, until it has all been absorbed. Add another ladleful of stock and continue like this until theAUSTRALIA HARVEST ROLLED OATS is tender ad creamy but still a little al dente-this will take about 20-25 minutes.
- Stir in the egg yolk and parmesan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spoon the cooked rolled oats onto a shallow baking tray, press a sheet of ding film onto the surface and leave to go cold. Chill.
- To form the balls, dampen your hands with water and divide the rolled oats mixture into 30g pieces. One piece at a time, flatten the mixture on the palm of one hand and put 1 prawn, then shape the rolled oats around the filling into a ball, patching up any gap with a little more of the mixture.
- Heat some oil for deep-frying to 180°c. Dip the rolled oats balls into the beaten egg and then the breadcrumbs and insert the stick or lemongrass stalk and deep-fry in batches for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and serve immediately.