- 454 gram IDEAL GOURMET LASAGNA (cooked according to package instructions)
- 4 cups Mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1 ½ tbsp Olive oil
- 4 pieces White onions (minced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced or pressed)
- 500 grams Ground beef
- 4 cans Whole peeled tomatoes
- 1 tsp Ground cumin
- ½ tsp Chili powder
- ¼ cup Chicken stock
- 3 cans Black beans 15 oz (drained and rinsed)
- Salt and pepper
- 50 grams All purpose flour
- 2 packs Butter
- 600 ml All purpose cream
- ½ pc White onion
- 1 piece Bay leaf
- 2 pieces Cloves
- 1 pinch Nutmeg
- Salt and white pepper
- 1 cup Fresh cilantro (chopped)
- Parmesan cheese (grated)
For the tomato sauce:
- Sauté onions and garlic in oil until translucent.
- In the same pan, sauté ground beef until nicely brown.
- Add whole peeled tomatoes, cumin, chili powder, stock and black beans. Simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Season to taste. Set aside.
For the béchamel sauce:
- In a pan, combine all purpose flour and butter to make a roux.
- Add in all purpose cream.
- Put in onion, bay leaf and cloves.
- Add a pinch of nutmeg.
- Season with salt and white pepper. Set aside.
- Spread the tomato sauce in the bottom of the pan just enough to cover. Layer it with the first lasagna sheet.
- Pour béchamel sauce, then, layer it again with cooked lasagna.
- Just repeat the process until the desired layering has been achieved.
- Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Bake lasagna for 20 minutes in a pre-heated 375° F oven or until cheese topping starts to get brown.
- Let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Dust with grated parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with chopped cilantro.