CHEESY VEGETABLE LASAGNA ROLL IN BECHAMEL AND RED SAUCE
Cheesy Vegetable Lasagna Roll in Bechamel and Red Sauce
1 tbsp butter
1 cup milk
½ tbsp black pepper
1 cup cream cheese
2 tbsp parsley
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion diced
4 garlic cloves minced
1 large size zucchini, diced cut 1/2 inch.
3/4 cup mushrooms, sliced thin
1 medium sized red bell pepper diced 1/2 inch.
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
1 1/2 cup spinach (chopped)
75 g butter or 3/4 of butter (1 stick)
½ cup flour
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup quickmelt cheese
2 eggs, beaten
1 (16 ounce) box Ideal Gourmet lasagna noodles, cooked
500 g ripe tomatoes
1 stalk celery
1 medium onion
4 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1. CHEESE MIXTURE: Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in milk and season with salt and pepper.
Simmer and add the cream cheese. Whisk until smooth. Turn off the heat and drizzle the chopped parsley. Set aside.
2. VEGETABLES: In a large skillet, add oil and heat the onion and garlic over medium heat.
Sauté until onions are translucent. Add the Italian seasoning, zucchini, red bell peppers and mushrooms. Cook until the water has evaporated. Add salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. RED SAUCE: Boil water in a saucepan. Plunge the tomatoes for 5 sec. then plunge into a bowl of cold water. Slice a shallow X in the bottom of tomato for easy peel. Remove the seeds. Place the peeled and seeded tomatoes, celery, onion, garlic salt and pepper in a food processor or blender, then cook in a saucepan for 5 minutes.
4. BECHAMEL: Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour slowly until the roux, whisk and cook for 1 minute. Add the milk slowly whisking constantly to avoid lumps. Cook in a very low heat until béchamel becomes thick. Rest for two minutes. Add the cheese and egg whisking slowly until incorporated well.
5. ASSEMBLY: To plate, place a cooked layer of half sheet Ideal Gourmet Lasagna and spread a thin layer of cheese mixture into the bottom of the lasagna. Add some fresh spinach, followed with a vegetable layer. And roll lasagna.
6. In a plate, pour red sauce and placed rolled Ideal Gourmet Lasagna. Gradually pour the Bechamel sauce over top. Garnish with fresh basil and serve while hot.